Saturday, November 8, 2014

Baileys Original Irish Cream

Baileys hasn’t been around that long. In fact, it was first marketed in 1974. I believe I first drank it in two thousand ten or there abouts. I recall spending some time at a fellow’s house who had been put into mandatory retirement from IBM, and, being well to do, he drank the good stuff to celebrate/lament his joblessness.  I tried Baileys for the first time strait, warm, and in sad company.

Under these bad conditions the drink still made an impression, and I suggested it to my brother who, loving his spirits, eventually tried some and fell in love.

On the rocks, Baileys has a smooth sipping flavor the gets a bit overwhelming if you gulp. With coffee add less sugar than if you’re drinking coffee with cream. The fat in the Baileys will bind to the caffeine and make your high last longer. The cream fat will also make the alcohol last longer.

I should point out that caffeine and alcohol are bad together, and if you intent to get blasted this is not for you. Get blasted with crap and you will feel like crap. Get blasted with the good stuff and you will likely die.


Baileys: yes, drinking like a mentally deficient high-school-er: no.

No comments:

Post a Comment