Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mrs. T’s Potato and Cheddar Pierogies

So, a parogie is half round ravioli often with potato as part of the filling ingredient. They don’t have to have potato, but that is the big thing in America.  They’re not ravioli but why is a mystery. Other than that a ravioli is made by an Italian and a paropie is made by a Slav. 

I have always hated these things because my old man would eat them and he made me miserable. Even now the paropie dredges up some painful memories.

That said, these are kind of bland. I mean, they taste okay but eating them plain the way my old man did lacks something. The box said I could fry these things but it only works if you use a lot of oil I think.


To put a point on it, if you like ravioli and want to try something different this will fit the bill. I wouldn’t go looking for these, but I wouldn’t turn my nose up at them either.

No comments:

Post a Comment