Sunday, September 10, 2023

Streit's Low Sodium Potato Pancake Mix


 It's been at least thirty five years since I tried potato pancakes. At least I think it has been, but I'm not sure if I even tried them. My mother was the Jewish side of my family and she passed away when I was young. My old man hated anything about family history and took my mother's Jewish things to his new wife's house. 

Thus, when I ran into Streit's Low Sodium Potato Pancake Mix at a dollar twenty nine a box I figured this was a good time to try them again. It was a great deal after all.  Then I had no idea how one serves a latke.  

Take it into mind that this mix was rather old, but I had to add more water to make it battery. I also had to flatten them with a flipper to get them into the right shape. I may have used too little oil. 

Anyway, I can't figure why these are a festival food as they don't have that much flavor to them. Maybe it was the low sodium part that made the difference.  

I found these to be mild but filling, and I even had to lay down afterwards and let them settle. I think I ate too much. I can't really say if these are good or bad, because I have so little experience with them. However, I can say that they make potato pancakes which is what one wants out of this mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment