Friday, November 30, 2018

Sunnvalley Hickory Smoked Turkey Drumstick

I ran into these Sunnvalley Hickory Smoked Turkey Drumsticks and thought 'what a perfect thing for a lonely jerk like me. I don't want a whole turkey,' and got three of them. Then I had a vodka and when to bed. 

The next day I popped one of these in the oven for an hour and it wasn't ready. Then I cooked it for another half hour and it was okay. It could have used more cooking time and to be placed in a crockery. 

It's best to have these with a meat thermometer around so you can see if they're done. 

Anyway, this was on the tough side because I didn't cook it well enough, and it smelled so good my cats came to investigate. It got grease all over my shirt and tasted more like ham than turkey. 

It was almost exactly like having a Thanksgiving dinner without the arguments and awkward moments. Total win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment