Friday, February 16, 2024

Mimo’s Café Red Chilaquiles & Eggs


 

I’ve driven by Mimo’s Café in Uptown Whittier California a thousand times and I may have gone there once. That would have been more than twenty years ago and it may not even have the same name. I noted that the staff was friendly, and the customers knew what they wanted before ordering indicating that the people who ate there were regulars.

I had no idea what to order here so I was directed to the morning menu and found Chilaquiles & Eggs. It turns out that there are red Chilaquiles and green Chilaquiles with the green have more kick than the red. Not being ready to spend the day on the toilet I chose red and so had a nice quiet morning eating this plate of eggs, rice, beans, and fried flour tortillas dipped in red stuff. 

The food was unoffensive. I can’t say that it wowed me but it was good food in a good place. You can eat inside or in the open air and I had been there just after a rain, so the air was clean and sweet. All that was missing was a good friend to eat with.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment