Saturday, September 5, 2026

RightRice Risotto Basil Pesto


 I was cleaning out my dining room when I found a box that had these RightRice Risotto Basil Pesto bags that I got years ago now but never tried. I mean, I kept reviewing the original, don't remember if I liked it, and never got on to the other flavors. 

The idea is kind of off. Let's take something simple like rice and complicate it by making it out of something else.  It should be better for you than normal rice and be about as good. 

RightRice is not as good as normal rice. The texture and mouth feel isn't that great. It tastes fine but the basil pesto flavor is too mild and generic. I would have never said "this is pesto" after eating this.

I believe this runs about the same as real rice, tastes fine, and doesn't feel like the real thing. I'm not sure what the point is but RightRice isn't bad, it just isn't all that great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment